Jesus Christ refers to Himself as the Son of Man. He is a supernatural human being, a true Superman at best. Jesus appeared to His disciples and contemporaries like an ordinary man but that was not the exact, total picture of what He really was. Here are the reasons why He was the real Superman who ever lived on earth based on the spoken words of Christ.
1. The Son of Man or the Superman of all times came from heaven through virgin birth, without the male reproductive cell to consummate a natural birthing, with the help of the Holy Ghost. He was an “adopted” son of Joseph.
“No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.” John 3:13
2. The Son of Man came to serve mankind and rescue the needy in times of need. He came to seek and save that which was lost.
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matt 20:28
”For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost”. Matt 18:11
The Son of Man healed the sick, raised the dead, walk on waters, command the winds to calm down, multiply bread and fish, turned water into wine and many more supernatural display of power.
3. The Son of Man has the authority to forgive sins, past and present offenses against Heaven.
“So I will prove to you that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins.” Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!” Matt 9:6
4. The Son of Man will judge all people according to their deeds.
“The Son of Man is the farmer who plants the good seed. The field is the world, and the good seed represents the people of the Kingdom. The weeds are the people who belong to the evil one.The enemy who planted the weeds among the wheat is the devil. The harvest is the end of the world,* and the harvesters are the angels.
“Just as the weeds are sorted out and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the world. The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father’s Kingdom. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!” Matt 13:37-43
5. The Son of Man is Lord. He is also the Lord of the gods and angels.
“For the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!” Matt12:8
6. The Son of Man rose from the grave after three days. He resurrected from the dead as He promised to do so to His disciples.
“For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.” Matt12:40